WASHINGTON CATHODE RAY TUBE (CRT) SETTLEMENT
What is This Settlement About?
The lawsuit claims that the Defendants conspired to fix, raise, maintain or stabilize prices of CRTs resulting in overcharge to consumers who bought products containing CRTs.
How Much Settlement Money is Available?
The settling defendants have settled the claims the Washington State Attorney General’s Office brought on behalf of Washington State agencies and as parens patriae on behalf of Washington residents for a total of $39.65 million.
Who is Eligible?
You or your business may file a claim for recovery if you purchased one or more CRT television(s) or CRT computer monitor(s):
• between March 1, 1995 and November 25, 2007;
• while residing in Washington (or, if you are a business, while you were headquartered in Washington); and
• from a retailer (or someone other than directly from the manufacturer of the CRT)..
Who Are the Defendants?
The Defendants are companies that manufactured and/or supplied CRTs:
• Samsung SDI Co., Ltd. f/k/a Samsung Display Device Co., Ltd.,, Samsung SDI America, Inc., Samsung SDI (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., Samsung SDI Mexico S.A. De C.V., Samsung SDI Brasil Ltda., Shenzen Samsung SDI Co., Ltd and Tianjin Samsung SDI Co. Ltd. (“Samsung”);
• LG Electronics, Inc., LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc. (“LG”);
• Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. a/k/a Royal Philips Electronics N.V., Philips Electronics North America Corporation, Philips Electronics Industries (Taiwan), Ltd. (“Philips”);
• Toshiba Corporation, Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (“Toshiba”);
• Panasonic Corporation f/k/a Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd., Panasonic Corporation of North America, MT Picture Display Co., Ltd. (“Panasonic”);
• Hitachi, Ltd., Hitachi Displays, Ltd., Hitachi Electronic Devices (USA), Inc., Hitachi Asia, Ltd. (“Hitachi”);
• Chunghwa Picture Tubes Ltd., CPTF Optronics Co., Ltd., and Chunghwa Picture Tubes (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (“Chunghwa”).
When is the Deadline?
June 17, 2019.
Class Action Capital is a premiere provider of outsourced class action settlement claim management to businesses in the U.S. With over 4,000 corporate clients we are experts at identifying settlements, analyzing and navigating important terms and conditions, and preparing and filing valid Claims for our clients. The bottom line is we work to maximize your recovery from each settlement while minimizing your time, use of internal resources and the risk of mistake if you were to take on preparing and filing a Claim on your own. Our company’s founders are from the class action litigation and settlement administration industries and are experts in class action settlement claim management.
TO SIGN UP FOR CLASS ACTION CAPITAL’S CLAIM MANAGEMENT PLEASE COMPLETE THE BELOW AGREEMENT